Yuck!

Lunar Lakes? Hideous. And the usual “Like us on Facebook” crap? Yet again using the cash cows faithful masses for free advertising.

Total Recall meets Alice in Wonderland:

Cue some very funny comments on the official thread over at TS3:

Has anyone else noticed that EA have come up with a world that would have made a certain troll giddy with excitement (remember all his earlier user accounts banging on about aliens the whole time?)? Is this their way of a thank you for ruining the forums? Oh EA, your sense of humour kills me!

18 thoughts on “Yuck!

1. jodi nasser

I never used Strangetown in the Sims 2 not sure I will use this town. I imagine it will be a premium item in the store. I thought it might be fun, but now that I see it, it is just a waste of time and money. Thanks for the preview.

2. bluesingincat

It looks like something designed by a wino clown tripping on acid, wearing a 3 piece polyester suit that’s been slept in for 3 weeks at a fleabag hotel in Mexico. It’s part of an EA signature collection.
    They call it, “Drug Cartel Chic”.

3. krazyangelkat81

It is a definite insult to the eyes… and that’s coming from someone who LOVED Strangtown in TS2…this just seems TOO otherworldly for me. But not a huge surprise seeing as all the sets with futuristic stuff that have been assaulting us at the store.
    I’m sure there will be people out there who will love it though, so I guess it’s a question of personal taste, but it’s not for me.

Oh dear god…Lunar Lakes looks like a huge multicolored blob. Ugh, there is no way in hell I would get that town. Who designs these worlds?! 😕

The futuristic trees that came with a recent patch make more sense now. But what is going on with those shiny green blocks? Is it meant to be kryptonite? Kryptonite would be a more attractive crystal shape. EA have gone for the lazy cube option 🙂

6. Callum9432

I don’t think it looks that bad, but I can get something just as good (if not better) for free by Rflong. I think she is currently making some kind of fantasy/alien type world using the new trees and such that came with the patch.

I liked the bit at the end, lol.

7. Yoteamo

A crack smoking creative director is actually a serious consideration, when you look at this monstrosity! O’lawd help us!
    Oh but I do love PhilMarshall’s comment ‘hopefully not annoucing another error code!’
    lmao

8. miss tickle

I unliked them ages ago. Now they want a ‘like’ to reveal something they’re going to try to sell me anyway? Not much of an incentive. The longer it takes the better as far as I’m concerned.

9. Yoteamo

I have to hang my head and walk the walk of shame. I’ve seen some more pics and it’s kinda irking me.. that same kind of nagging irk that Showtime is giving me since I saw some more screenies of that too although I’ve managed not to pre order it out of principle and the fact that the security questions raised have yet to be answered.
    Gah, help me!

It’s weird, having seen players’ pictures and some additional shots from EA, it looks a slightly less yuck (still really quite yuck, though). There are some pictures of the mountains and roads lined with the crazy trees that look OK. The zigzag river and those glowing crystal cubes still look lazy to me. It seems that EA selected their least attractive pictures to showcase in their “special announcement thread”!