This is under the “About Me” section on a moderator’s My Page:
There’s more than enough flaming going on on your own forums EA – why don’t you concentrate on dealing with that first before encouraging members of your own forums to go round inspecting and reporting external Sims blogs? Does this mean that you’ve been stomping your feet with WordPress and Blogger and they’ve ignored you so you’re now encouraging mass reporting on external sites?
Here’a few tips from us bloggers:
– We moderate our blogs, sites and forums properly so no inappropriate content will be posted. If it is it’s normally removed within minutes rather than hours, days, weeks or even months.
– If content is not suitable for younger audiences there are disclaimers before you enter the site – I’ve visited plenty of Sims blogs where I have to agree that I’m not offended before continuing to the main blog.
– Fix problems with the game. If you listened to your players and read the thousands of threads pleading for help you wouldn’t have so many disgruntled customers.
– Instead of moving or deleting posts that you don’t like and sending violation warnings to the user, why don’t you address the issue head on? Don’t pretend you haven’t seen the post, you obviously have if you’ve moved it or deleted it. Ignorance is NOT bliss, especially if you’re in the business of making money which I assume you are?
– Speaking the truth, and backing it up with evidence, on an external blog/site is NOT flaming.
– In the big wide world most of us are lucky enough to exercise free speech, something which you clearly don’t like. It’s one thing being heavy handed on your own website, which you can get away with. But when you start trying to stifle external sites you’re only going to piss people off even more and fan the flames of a growing contingent of already unhappy end users.
I’ve just posted about this on another external site and received the following fab and funny response:
Yes, EA was all for SOPA but then quietly dropped their support:
Just Google EA SOPA for more reports.
EDIT – I need to point something out that’s painfully obvious. Just because EA and the moderator might find content on external blogs offensive, doesn’t mean that it IS offensive, it just means that they don’t like it or agree with it.