There is no uninstaller app for EA’s Origin client so you must remove it manually, making sure you delete all residual files.
- Open your Applications folder and drag the Origin app to the Trash, together with any shortcuts left behind in the Dock or on the Desktop.
- Now make sure you’re in Finder, click on Go in the menu bar and hold down the Alt (Option) key. Your Library folder should now appear in the dropdown menu:
- Click on the Library folder to open it then navigate to the following files and folders and move them to the Trash (only remove the files in red):
- Application Support > Origin
- Caches > Origin
- Caches > com.ea.Origin
- Preferences > com.ea.Origin.plist
- Saved Application State > com.ea.Origin.savedState
- Now open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand side under Devices. If it’s not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices. You can also find it by entering Macintosh HD into Spotlight (or whatever the name of your HD is if you’ve changed it). Navigate to and trash the following files in red:
- Library > Origin
- Library > Application Support > Origin
- Library > LaunchDaemons > com.ea.origin.ESHelper.plist
- Library > PrivilegedHelperTools > com.ea.origin.ESHelper
- Empty your Trash and restart your Mac. All traces of Origin should have now been removed from your Mac. You could securely empty the trash to make sure the files are really gone forever.