Over on the Sims 4 Mac forum Oblongaman has posted a very helpful and nifty link for Mac users who want to play the same saved game on multiple Macs:
I’ve tried it out and it is brilliant. I managed to wipe my saves folder the first time I tried it though so make sure you backup your Sims 4 folder before attempting this.
I’ve created this little guide which I hope helps. You will need a cloud storage account like Dropbox or similar installed on both Macs, using the same account details, and MacDropAny, available here. It’s free but you can make a donation which I think is well worth it – this is a really cool piece of software!
There are only 3 folders you need to sync – Saves, Tray (your library items) and Mods (if you use them). You could also sync screenshots and videos too if you like but that’s personal preference.
- Pause syncing in your cloud storage app on both Macs – do not skip this step!
- On the Mac which has the saves etc. (primary Mac) that you want to share open MacDropAny. A small window will appear asking for the folders to sync:
- Under Step 1 click on Choose a Folder and navigate to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves
Under Step 2 choose the storage service you use, I use Dropbox. The window should look something like this:
- Click on Sync. You should get a confirmation message that the sync has been successful: Click on Sync Another Folder then repeat for the Tray and Mods folders. When you’ve done all three folders quit MacDropAny.
- Go to your second Mac and in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 delete the contents of the Saves, Tray and Mods folders but do not delete the folders themselves (if you want to save any game data you have remember to back it up before deleting).
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 above on your second Mac. Once completed your cloud storage folder should have the three folders in it and look something like this:
- On your second Mac re-enable syncing in your cloud storage app. The three folders should remain empty.
- On your primary Mac re-enable syncing in your cloud storage app. The contents of the three folders in the cloud and on your second Mac should now be exactly the same as your primary Mac.
- Load the game on each Mac, they should now be running exactly the same saves.
Thank you SO much to Oblongaman for posting this link on the forums 🙂