Redeeming a product code for an EA game is very easy. You’ll need to do this for a variety of reasons:
- You’re switching platforms from Windows to Mac or Mac to Windows
- You’re running Windows in Boot Camp or a VM on your Mac and want your games on both operating systems
- Your disc drive is broken
- You have a computer that doesn’t have a disc drive
- Your discs are scratched
- You’ve bought a Windows only physical copy of a game but the Mac version is available in Origin
Here’s what you do:
- Open Origin, you can download it from here, and log in with your Origin/EA account details.
- Click on Games in the menu bar then Redeem Product Code –
- In the pop up window enter your product code. There’s even simple instructions on where to find the product code in case you’re a bit lost –
- Once you’ve registered the code the game should now show up in your games library. You can now download it.
- You should always use the same Origin/EA account details to log in and register your games. Games are tied to the user, not the computer. If you cannot see previous purchases made through Origin check that you have used the right login details. If you have multiple user accounts and want to consolidate them you have to contact EA customer service.
- If the game is greyed out in your games library it usually means that the game is not available on your operating system.
- If your Expansion/Stuff/Game Packs are not immediately visible in your games library, right click (CTRL and click) on the game and select Show Game Details – then click the Extra Content tab.