On the plus side everyone gets the opportunity to play Island Living. I say opportunity because it looks absolutely delicious in the trailer with high graphics but I shouldn’t imagine low end machines will handle it well:
On the down side, we’re still waiting for our Metal upgrade that EA said would be released in June and, I’m hoping, will provide a noticeable boost in performance for Metal supported Macs:
- MacBook models introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air models introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro models introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro models introduced in late 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models with a recommended Metal-capable graphics card.
Please remember, EA dropping support for 32-bit machines in the Sims 4 is irrelevant to all Mac users. The Sims 4 has always been 64-bit for us. This is also NOT related to Apple dropping support for 32-bit apps in macOS 10.15 Catalina.