This has been around for ages and doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. When trying to use CAS the cursor is glitching and displaying one or more of the following symptoms:
- When editing a body part the cursor will not ‘let go’ of the part to stop editing
- Moving your cursor over the screen will randomly grab a body part for editing
- Rotating the Sim is not possible unless using the keyboard arrow keys
(thanks to 13Vader for the video)
At the moment there is no solution or workaround although some users have reported that it resolves itself after a game update. We have a thread at AHQ collecting information and it does seem to be affecting lower spec. Macs so lowering your in-game graphics options may help. Please post in the thread if you are experiencing this or if you have found a fix, or leave a comment below.
If your game will not update in Origin then you need to perform a ‘super’ repair. This super repair is also great for fixing, amongst other things, the following issues:
- Greyed out Play or Install button in Origin
- Game bouncing up and down in the Dock but not loading
- Error messages appearing when trying to update.
To perform the repair do the following:
- In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don’t drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
- Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
Your game should now be up to date. This fix can be applied as many times as needed.
This problem has been around for a while and affected some Mac users but not all.
When you play your game the screen will flicker and changing certain graphics options in-game doesn’t fix it.
Edge Smoothing settings in the Graphics Options in-game.
Play around with the Edge Smoothing settings in the Graphics Options menu. Try turning it off if you have it on or lowering it if you have it on high. Also try raising it if you have it on low.
Thanks to the wonderful people who have confirmed the issue and solution over on this thread at AHQ.