You know when you quit your game and the walls go a bit transparent and weird? I’ve always liked it but today I thought it looked really cool.
The snow and light just looked perfect, with the windows giving it a surreal lightness.
Just wanted to share 🙂
We have a new Mac specific bug that’s popped up since the November patch, game version 18.104.22.1680.
If you play with laptop mode off you will see a weird straight line shadow following your Sim around when they are inside:
A workaround at the moment is to enable laptop mode in your game. You could also go into the GraphicsRules.sgr file and change the RenderShadowsEnabled value to false but enabling laptop mode is a lot quicker and easier. You may get the awful pink floors bug back though so you decide which is worse!
We have a thread over at AHQ so please do take a minute to press the Me Too button so EA are aware of how widespread it is. If you have a minute I’d really appreciate it if you could please post your Mac model too and version of macOS – https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mac-Sims-cast-weird-shadows/m-p/7178640
This is not a Mac only bug but affects users with integrated Intel chips. In the Mac family that is 13″ MacBook Pros, non-Touch Bar entry level 15″ MacBook Pros, all MacBook Airs, all MacBooks, Mac minis and entry level iMacs.
The bug is seen when entering First Person View/Camera in live mode:
Thankfully SimGuruNick has found a workaround and tweeted it for Windows users:
To access the GraphicsRules.sgr file on a Mac and make this change:
- Right click/Ctrl click on the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents from the menu that appears.
- Open the Contents folder then double click the GraphicsRules.sgr file to open with TextEdit.
- Hit CTRL and F to bring up the search bar, type in skinning then hit enter.
- You should get two hits, the first one will already say false at the end. The second will say true and will be under the Intel section.
- Change the true to false then quit TextEdit, the file should automatically save. If it prompts for a save, save it.
You should now be eyeball and mouth free! Thanks to SimGuruNick for posting the workaround and also to adambrown_1982 at AHQ who allowed me to use his pictures and confirmed that changing the value to false also works.