Weirdly, or maybe because suddenly more people are deciding to use CC and Mods, there’s been a sudden spike in Mac users reporting that their custom content is not showing up in-game. It seems to have happened since the December 2017 patch (220.127.116.110) and the release of the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack. There is no reason why this should be happening so for clarity this is what you need to do to get CC and Mods to show up in your game:
- Are CC and Mods enabled in your game options?
- Is your game fully patched up to date?
- Are the CC and Mods you’re trying to use fully compatible with the latest version of the game?
- Are the CC/Mods definitely for Sims 4 and not Sims 1, 2 or 3?
- Have you unzipped the downloaded CC/Mods so you are only placing .package files in your Mods folder?
- Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? Check in System Preferences.
- Have you tried repairing your game? Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.
ItsaprilXD’s fabulous guide to installing CC/Mods on a Mac is also worth a read.
Having Origin enabled in-game has always caused issues on Macs. As well as causing lagging issues it can also cause your game to not load, something which seems to be becoming more frequent amongst players. So the best thing to do is just disable it. Unfortunately you will have to do this after each Origin update as it annoyingly enables itself each time.
- Open Origin then click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar
- Click on Origin in-game on the right side
- If Origin is enabled in-game the button will show green. Click on it to turn it off so it looks like the picture above.
Since the Cats & Dogs patches there have been various reports of some CC glass vases and jars not displaying properly in game:
So far I’ve only seen reports from Mac users but it may be affecting Windows users too. This is apparently happening because EA changed something glass related in the November patch. If you are experiencing this there is no fix at the moment that I know of. Either EA need to fix something or the CC creators do.
Leave a comment below if you are also experiencing this, Mac or Windows 🙂