This has been around for ages and doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. When trying to use CAS the cursor is glitching and displaying one or more of the following symptoms:
- When editing a body part the cursor will not ‘let go’ of the part to stop editing
- Moving your cursor over the screen will randomly grab a body part for editing
- Rotating the Sim is not possible unless using the keyboard arrow keys
(thanks to 13Vader for the video)
At the moment there is no solution or workaround although some users have reported that it resolves itself after a game update. We have a thread at AHQ collecting information and it does seem to be affecting lower spec. Macs so lowering your in-game graphics options may help. Please post in the thread if you are experiencing this or if you have found a fix, or leave a comment below.
I’ve always loved this simple plant light but wanted a few more lighter colours. I chose marble and stone textures and added in a ceramic and gold too.
Unfortunately Tamamaro’s original CC plant light no longer seems to be available online, I have uploaded their original so my recolours will place in game and you can enjoy their lovely original colours too. You can find a viewable link on the Sims 4 Updates page here.
You will also need the The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack installed for this light to place.
Original plant light by Tamamaro (needed for my recolours)
CC in pictures:
Picture – Pot – Plant
Recolours made using Photoshop and Sims 4 Studio.
If your game will not update in Origin then you need to perform a ‘super’ repair. This super repair is also great for fixing, amongst other things, the following issues:
- Greyed out Play or Install button in Origin
- Game bouncing up and down in the Dock but not loading
- Error messages appearing when trying to update.
To perform the repair do the following:
- In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don’t drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
- Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
Your game should now be up to date. This fix can be applied as many times as needed.