I’ve always loved this simple plant light but wanted a few more lighter colours. I chose marble and stone textures and added in a ceramic and gold too.
Unfortunately Tamamaro’s original CC plant light no longer seems to be available online, I have uploaded their original so my recolours will place in game and you can enjoy their lovely original colours too. You can find a viewable link on the Sims 4 Updates page here.
You will also need the The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack installed for this light to place.
Original plant light by Tamamaro (needed for my recolours)
CC in pictures:
Picture – Pot – Plant
Recolours made using Photoshop and Sims 4 Studio.
If your game will not update in Origin then you need to perform a ‘super’ repair. This super repair is also great for fixing, amongst other things, the following issues:
- Greyed out Play or Install button in Origin
- Game bouncing up and down in the Dock but not loading
- Error messages appearing when trying to update.
To perform the repair do the following:
- In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don’t drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
- Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
Your game should now be up to date. This fix can be applied as many times as needed.
Weirdly, or maybe because suddenly more people are deciding to use CC and Mods, there’s been a sudden spike in Mac users reporting that their custom content is not showing up in-game. It seems to have happened since the December 2017 patch (220.127.116.110) and the release of the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack. There is no reason why this should be happening so for clarity this is what you need to do to get CC and Mods to show up in your game:
- Are CC and Mods enabled in your game options?
- Is your game fully patched up to date?
- Are the CC and Mods you’re trying to use fully compatible with the latest version of the game?
- Are the CC/Mods definitely for Sims 4 and not Sims 1, 2 or 3?
- Have you unzipped the downloaded CC/Mods so you are only placing .package files in your Mods folder?
- Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? Check in System Preferences.
- Have you tried repairing your game? Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.
ItsaprilXD’s fabulous guide to installing CC/Mods on a Mac is also worth a read.