If you’re trying to install your game to an external drive you may have issues if you’re running macOS 10.15 Catalina or later. Here are quick steps on how to successfully install your game to an external drive:
1. In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy click on Full Disk Access and add Origin if necessary.
2. Whilst in the Privacy tab make sure Origin is showing in Files and Folders
3. Open Origin and go to Preferences > Installs & Saves > Game Library Location and click on Change Folder
4. On the left menu click on Computer then double click on the ‘/‘ that appears next to a picture of your hard drive. You should see four folders – Applications, Library, System, Users
5. In the field at the bottom, where it says Directory, type in /Volumes/[the name of your external] then hit Enter/Return or click Choose.For example, my external is called Backup so the file path is /Volumes/Backup
6. The window will disappear and reappear again but you may not see your external. That’s ok, quit Origin then reopen it. You should get a Gatekeeper message popping up asking for permission to access files on a removable volume. Just click Ok
7. Now repeat steps 3 to 5 and you should see the contents of your external in the window
TwistedMexi’s T.O.O.L. Mod is absolutely fantastic and now he has released a really easy to follow video tutorial on how to use it, it’s pretty much perfect.
I have a newfound obsession with apartments and have been replacing all the windows in them, making them less pokey and more light filled and airy. I’ve also had great fun twiddling around objects on the various axes and elevating them by decimals.
2B Jasmine Suites is the first apartment I’ve finished doing up and I think it’s looking lovely, thanks as well to all the amazing CC creators out there.
If you haven’t come across this amazing Mod yet and want to butcher EA’s apartment buildings, grab it here. If you want to know where you can find any of the CC items I’ve used, just ask 🙂
This problem has been around for a while and affected some Mac users but not all.
When you play your game the screen will flicker and changing certain graphics options in-game doesn’t fix it.
Edge Smoothing settings in the Graphics Options in-game.
Play around with the Edge Smoothing settings in the Graphics Options menu. Try turning it off if you have it on or lowering it if you have it on high. Also try raising it if you have it on low.
Thanks to the wonderful people who have confirmed the issue and solution over on this thread at AHQ.