Want to be able to properly view upper levels from a basement?
Good news! Today’s patch (16/07/19) has resolved the Trackpad gesture issues introduced in the June patch. But of course there’s bad news too, the following significant Mac bugs are still not fixed:
- Tattoos and skin details not showing across all outfits
- 32-bit ActivationUI executable not updated to 64-bit/removed (only affects users running the Catalina beta so not too much of an issue, yet)
- Glitchy UI and menus
- CAS cursor glitch (now only applies to Macs with Intel HD 6000 chips)
- Weird sim shadow line
- FPV (First Person View) cursor not centred when Retina is enabled
- CAS lag on Intel chips
Come on EA, it’s starting to feel like Sims 3 all over again…..
As well as the Trackpad issue appearing since the 18 June patch we have a new lag issue in CAS that is pretty awful and affecting Mac users with Intel chips, judging by the posted specs. of some. You can see a video here of the issue.
Thankfully there are some really helpful Mac Simmers in the thread, candiecoatediv and twin-reverb-sims, who are being really responsive to requests for more information and actively trying suggestions. Twin-reverb-sims has suggested that doing the following has helped to minimise the lag a little:
- Go into System Preferences > Accessibility > Display and check the box next to Reduce motion.
- Go into System Preferences > Display and change the resolution towards larger text.
Please reply in the AHQ thread if you are experiencing this issue in CAS since the patch with your Mac information. And if you have any further suggestions which may help others, then definitely please post.