Finally! After two false starts with the previous patches and promises of Origin Error Reporting (OER) finally coming to Mac, it’s here!
With the latest update, 10.5.12, you can now find the OER tool under the Help dropdown when you have Origin open:
Simply click on it and fill in the details required in the pop up window:
For more information on OER including what it does, when to use it and how it helps EA, read the OER page here.
If Origin is not opening for you at all, you can still use OER to send diagnostic information to EA:
- Right click on the Origin app in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents.
- In the Finder window navigate through to Contents > Applications.
- There should be a file in the folder called OriginER. Double click on it and the OER will open.
Having Origin enabled in-game has always caused issues on Macs. As well as causing lagging issues it can also cause your game to not load, something which seems to be becoming more frequent amongst players. So the best thing to do is just disable it. Unfortunately you will have to do this after each Origin update as it annoyingly enables itself each time.
- Open Origin then click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar
- Click on Origin in-game on the right side
- If Origin is enabled in-game the button will show green. Click on it to turn it off so it looks like the picture above.
As of 28th August 2017 Origin is only supported in versions of macOS 10.9 Mavericks and later, support for 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion is no longer available:
Release notes here.
If you need to update your Mac you can do so through the App Store.