Just a quick reminder because EA have recently launched Origin Access Premier – as of today, 1st August 2018, neither Origin Access nor Origin Access Premier are available for macOS.
You will need to Boot Camp your Mac and run Windows if you would like to take full advantage of these services. You will get a warning window if you try to purchase Origin Access on a Mac:
So if you don’t want to be charged, don’t click on the Join Anyway button!
If your game will not update in Origin then you need to perform a ‘super’ repair. This super repair is also great for fixing, amongst other things, the following issues:
- Greyed out Play or Install button in Origin
- Game bouncing up and down in the Dock but not loading
- Error messages appearing when trying to update.
To perform the repair do the following:
- In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don’t drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
- Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
Your game should now be up to date. This fix can be applied as many times as needed.
Finally! After two false starts with the previous patches and promises of Origin Error Reporting (OER) finally coming to Mac, it’s here!
With the latest update, 10.5.12, you can now find the OER tool under the Help dropdown when you have Origin open:
Simply click on it and fill in the details required in the pop up window:
For more information on OER including what it does, when to use it and how it helps EA, read the OER page here.
If Origin is not opening for you at all, you can still use OER to send diagnostic information to EA:
- Right click on the Origin app in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents.
- In the Finder window navigate through to Contents > Applications.
- There should be a file in the folder called OriginER. Double click on it and the OER will open.