This seems to affect every Mac user and has been around pretty much since the game was released. And you know what? I absolutely couldn’t care AT ALL.
IT IS A COMPLETE NON-ISSUE.
If Origin isn’t correctly tracking the amount of hours you spend playing the Sims 4, and the last time you played, then just accept it and move on. It does not affect gameplay in any way, shape or form. There are various posts that people have written over on the official games forum and AHQ regarding this and EA are aware of it.
I have a few questions for those people who are having meltdowns about this NON-ISSUE:
- Does this bug stop your game from loading?
- Does this bug cause your game to crash?
- Does this bug cause your game to freeze?
- Does this bug stop Origin from working?
- Does this bug stop Origin updating?
- Does this bug cause the game to not update?
- Does this affect your ability to play the Sims 4 in any way?
If you answered no to every single one of those questions then you need to evaluate what is important to you as a gamer. Because if it’s counting the hours you’ve played and the date you last played then I’m sorry, but you’re doing it all wrong.