University is coming, one of the most requested packs in the long line of Sims 4 additional content. Whilst this is great news for some, for those on pre-2012 Macs not capable of supporting Metal it’s not good news. EA have announced the system requirements for the pack to support only Metal supported Macs:
OS: Metal required. Mac OS® X 10.11 (El Capitan)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.
OS: Mac OS® X 10.11 or later
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
MEMORY: 8GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space
Don’t be confused if your Mac meets all the other minimum requirements, even if it is running El Capitan. If it is not one of the machines listed below, it will not run University:
- MacBook models introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air models introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro models introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac models introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro models introduced in late 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models with a recommended Metal-capable graphics card.
Maybe this means the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 for non-Metal Macs is coming soon……..?