If you’re looking to buy the Sims 4 you need to be aware that buying it through Origin isn’t currently as straightforward as it should be. EA are really pushing Origin Access subscriptions at every step of the purchasing process, trouble is that Origin Access (OA) is not available to Mac users so a lot of new Sims players are unwittingly buying the OA subscription which is completely useless to them. The trial version of the game is also not available to Mac users so don’t even bother trying to download it.
- Go to Origin.com or download and install the Origin client. Log in with your EA/Origin account if you already have one or create a new one.
- Find the Sims 4 base game and click Get The Game:
- Ignore the massive adverts trying to get you to buy Origin Access and click on the Buy Now button:
- You will then be taken to the next option asking you which version of the base game you would like to buy. Click the one you want and follow the rest of the instructions. Ignore the Origin Access advert at the bottom of the page.
- For further help installing the game see full instructions here.
If you have unwittingly purchased an Origin Access subscription and want to cancel it:
- Log into your Origin account
- Hover over your name in the bottom left corner and select EA Account & Billing
- In the web browser window that opens to your EA account page select Origin Access from the menu on the left side and follow the instructions to cancel the subscription