TwistedMexi’s T.O.O.L. Mod is absolutely fantastic and now he has released a really easy to follow video tutorial on how to use it, it’s pretty much perfect.
I have a newfound obsession with apartments and have been replacing all the windows in them, making them less pokey and more light filled and airy. I’ve also had great fun twiddling around objects on the various axes and elevating them by decimals.
2B Jasmine Suites is the first apartment I’ve finished doing up and I think it’s looking lovely, thanks as well to all the amazing CC creators out there.
If you haven’t come across this amazing Mod yet and want to butcher EA’s apartment buildings, grab it here. If you want to know where you can find any of the CC items I’ve used, just ask 🙂
Sometimes there are spikes in this issue being reported and it usually coincides with a game update or macOS update. Game updates can render CC/Mods incompatible so you need to check with the creator that the content you use has been updated to work with the current patch level of the game. When macOS updates are applied this can sometimes change iCloud Drive settings if dialogue windows ask the user to confirm new actions so check the location of your Documents folder in System Preferences.
- Are CC and Mods enabled in your game options? If not enable them and restart the game.
- Is your game fully patched up to date?
- Are the CC and Mods you’re trying to use fully compatible with the latest version of the game? Check on the creator’s website that they are. The good creators will always check their content is compatible after an update and release an updated version if necessary or possible. Check the SimsVIP broken Mods page for updated lists after each patch.
- Are the CC/Mods definitely for Sims 4 and not Sims 1, 2 or 3?
- Have you unzipped the downloaded CC/Mods so you are only placing .package and/or .ts4script files in your Mods folder?
- Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? If your Mac internal storage is getting full and Optimise Mac Storage is enabled, it will automatically push files to the cloud.
- Have you tried repairing your game? Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.
ItsaprilXD’s fabulous guide to installing CC/Mods on a Mac is also worth a read.
Here’s a link to using the Sims 4 Tray Importer in macOS. Getting it to run seems a bit hit or miss but it appears that with a little perseverance some users are getting it to run in Sierra.
Sims 4 Tray Importer for Mac
The guide is really detailed and very easy to follow and the comments are very informative too – good luck!
Update January 2018
As of January 2018 the Mac version of Tray Importer is no longer compatible with the Sims 4:
S4TI for MAC is no longer available. The app no longer works with the latest update of the Sims 4 and the developer does not want to provide support on MAC (platform it does not have and which greatly complicates its development …)
Sorry folks, seems like it’s the end of the road for us Mac users. I’ll update this page if it is resurrected.
Update April 2018
Well, seems like it’s up and running again as of the 4th April 2018. Just follow the links above!