Two important Mac specific fixes have been included in the April patch:
CAS cursor glitch
- Fixed an issue for Mac users with Intel integrated graphics, where the mouse cursor would not move properly after adjusting the shape of a Sim’s body in Create a Sim.
This annoying issue affected some, but not all, Mac users with Intel only graphics. The cursor would not appear to track properly in CAS:
(video credit – 13Vader)
For more examples and the specific help thread at Answers HQ please go here
Sims 4 not optimised for Mac
- Removed an outdated file that was causing a false error message to appear for 64-bit Mac users that said, “The Sims 4” is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.”
The following error message would display when launching the game after an OS or game update:
This error message is not to be confused with the similar message when launching full 32-bit apps in macOS. 32-bit apps like Sims 3, Sims Medieval and SimCity will still cease to function in the next release of macOS. Sims 4 is 64-bit.
This is not a Mac only bug but affects users with integrated Intel chips. In the Mac family that is 13″ MacBook Pros, non-Touch Bar entry level 15″ MacBook Pros, all MacBook Airs, all MacBooks, Mac minis and entry level iMacs.
The bug is seen when entering First Person View/Camera in live mode:
Thankfully SimGuruNick has found a workaround and tweeted it for Windows users:
To access the GraphicsRules.sgr file on a Mac and make this change:
- Right click/Ctrl click on the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents from the menu that appears.
- Open the Contents folder then double click the GraphicsRules.sgr file to open with TextEdit.
- Hit CTRL and F to bring up the search bar, type in skinning then hit enter.
- You should get two hits, the first one will already say false at the end. The second will say true and will be under the Intel section.
- Change the true to false then quit TextEdit, the file should automatically save. If it prompts for a save, save it.
You should now be eyeball and mouth free! Thanks to SimGuruNick for posting the workaround and also to adambrown_1982 at AHQ who allowed me to use his pictures and confirmed that changing the value to false also works.