Seen quite a few posts now from Sims players with the 2019 16″ MacBook Pro whose games either crash constantly or have dreadful graphics with appalling screen tearing. The Config.log files are showing that the AMD Radeon Pro 5300M and 5500M are now supported but there are still issues. Symptoms may be:
- Screen tearing
- Game crashing, especially when trying to load a household
- Flooring disappears and the terrain is visible
- Black lines and patches in the game window
There are a few things that have worked for users and definitely worth trying:
- Disable iCloud Drive in System Preferences
- Disable Retina display in the in-game graphics options
- Enable Vertical Sync in the in-game graphics options
You could also try toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode by holding down CMD, CTRL and F.
We have a thread running at Answers HQ for these issues too, please take the time to post your problem and click the Me Too button in the opening post so EA see it 🙂
Good news! Today’s patch (16/07/19) has resolved the Trackpad gesture issues introduced in the June patch. But of course there’s bad news too, the following significant Mac bugs are still not fixed:
Come on EA, it’s starting to feel like Sims 3 all over again…..
Update 16/07/19 – This issue has now been fixed in the July patch, 188.8.131.520.
Users are reporting that their Trackpad gestures aren’t working properly since updating their game to 184.108.40.2060 today (18/06/19). We have a thread running at Answers HQ about this, please take a minute to post the following if you are experiencing issues with your in-game Trackpad controls since updating your game:
- List of gestures you normally use the Trackpad for (e.g. swipe or pinch to zoom)
- Have you changed any default Trackpad settings in System Preferences?
- Your Mac info: click on the Apple in the menu bar > About This Mac and post these details about your Mac:
- macOS version
One or other of the Zoom and Rotate functions will work using the trackpad but not both, depending on which action you first used when you started playing. Please make sure to click the all important Me Too button on the AHQ thread too. Remember, EA need to know what Mac you are on in order to try and narrow down the cause. The more people who provide their specs. the better 🙂
To get around this issue and still be able to zoom and pinch in your game:
Zoom – two finger swipe up and down the trackpad (like scrolling up and down a page) or use the + and – keys.
Rotate – use the < and > keys.