The Initialization at startup error [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0] is back with a vengeance, this time affecting Sims 4 Mac players running the current version of the game with multiple language options and not the Legacy Edition.
There are three options currently to fixing this issue. I’ll link directly to MaxisJoe’s workarounds at Answers HQ. Please read them fully and choose the one you feel most comfortable with:
Method 1 (Easiest option) – Change Origin and Sims 4 language to the same in the Origin app
Method 2 (More technical but still easy option) – Manually edit the .plist Origin files
Method 3 (Easy but drastic) – Uninstall and reinstall the game and change language in Origin
Seen quite a few posts now from Sims players with the 2019 16″ MacBook Pro whose games either crash constantly or have dreadful graphics with appalling screen tearing. The Config.log files are showing that the AMD Radeon Pro 5300M and 5500M are now supported but there are still issues. Symptoms may be:
- Screen tearing
- Game crashing, especially when trying to load a household
- Flooring disappears and the terrain is visible
- Black lines and patches in the game window
There are a few things that have worked for users and definitely worth trying:
- Disable iCloud Drive in System Preferences
- Disable Retina display in the in-game graphics options
- Enable Vertical Sync in the in-game graphics options
You could also try toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode by holding down CMD, CTRL and F.
We have a thread running at Answers HQ for these issues too, please take the time to post your problem and click the Me Too button in the opening post so EA see it 🙂
PC: 220.127.116.110/Mac: 18.104.22.1680 has just been released with various bug fixes, none of which seem to address the multitude of Mac specific bugs starting to pile up.
If you’re on a Mac and no longer experiencing one or more of these issues please let me know so I can feel slightly happier that we’re not seemingly being overlooked again:
- Cannot run the game in macOS 10.11 El Capitan
- Cannot run the game in macOS 10.12 Sierra with AMD GPUs
- Static type lines across game screen
- Lines appearing over UI at bottom of the screen
- First Person View off centre
- Glitchy UI (not attributed to Mods)
- Shadow line following your Sim indoors
- Black square shadow under Sim
1 & 2 – are game breakers unless you update your version of macOS through the Mac App Store.
3 – may be fixed by turning off Edge Smoothing.
4 – can be fixed by playing in windowed mode.
5 – can be fixed by disabling Retina display in the in-game graphics options
6 – can be fixed by not skipping through the loading screens when launching the game
7 – no fix
8 – can be fixed by editing the GraphicsRules.sgr file (follow link above)