This is not a Mac only bug but affects users with integrated Intel chips. In the Mac family that is 13″ MacBook Pros, non-Touch Bar entry level 15″ MacBook Pros, all MacBook Airs, all MacBooks, Mac minis and entry level iMacs.
The bug is seen when entering First Person View/Camera in live mode:
Thankfully SimGuruNick has found a workaround and tweeted it for Windows users:
To access the GraphicsRules.sgr file on a Mac and make this change:
- Right click/Ctrl click on the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents from the menu that appears.
- Open the Contents folder then double click the GraphicsRules.sgr file to open with TextEdit.
- Hit CTRL and F to bring up the search bar, type in skinning then hit enter.
- You should get two hits, the first one will already say false at the end. The second will say true and will be under the Intel section.
- Change the true to false then quit TextEdit, the file should automatically save. If it prompts for a save, save it.
You should now be eyeball and mouth free! Thanks to SimGuruNick for posting the workaround and also to adambrown_1982 at AHQ who allowed me to use his pictures and confirmed that changing the value to false also works.
This one is funny – since today’s patch all screenshots taken in-game are upside down and back to front.
Not really too much of an issue but something to be aware of if you like to share them from within the game. You can easily turn them the right way in Preview (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Screenshots) by rotating 180° and flipping on the horizontal. This doesn’t help if you want to access them in-game though as they appear to have disappeared:
We have a thread running at AHQ on the issue but nothing really that needs feedback at the moment, EA are aware of the problem. It wouldn’t hurt to hit the Me too button though – https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Screenshots-upside-down-and-back-to-front-since-August-patch/td-p/6987234
Oh yeah, the map screen is also in the Upside Down when you try to place a lot from the Gallery:
This has been around for ages and doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. When trying to use CAS the cursor is glitching and displaying one or more of the following symptoms:
- When editing a body part the cursor will not ‘let go’ of the part to stop editing
- Moving your cursor over the screen will randomly grab a body part for editing
- Rotating the Sim is not possible unless using the keyboard arrow keys
(thanks to 13Vader for the video)
At the moment there is no solution or workaround although some users have reported that it resolves itself after a game update. We have a thread at AHQ collecting information and it does seem to be affecting lower spec. Macs so lowering your in-game graphics options may help. Please post in the thread if you are experiencing this or if you have found a fix, or leave a comment below.