PC: 18.104.22.1680/Mac: 22.214.171.1240 has just been released with various bug fixes, none of which seem to address the multitude of Mac specific bugs starting to pile up.
If you’re on a Mac and no longer experiencing one or more of these issues please let me know so I can feel slightly happier that we’re not seemingly being overlooked again:
- Cannot run the game in macOS 10.11 El Capitan
- Cannot run the game in macOS 10.12 Sierra with AMD GPUs
- Static type lines across game screen
- Lines appearing over UI at bottom of the screen
- First Person View off centre
- Glitchy UI (not attributed to Mods)
- Shadow line following your Sim indoors
- Black square shadow under Sim
1 & 2 – are game breakers unless you update your version of macOS through the Mac App Store.
3 – may be fixed by turning off Edge Smoothing.
4 – can be fixed by playing in windowed mode.
5 – can be fixed by disabling Retina display in the in-game graphics options
6 – can be fixed by not skipping through the loading screens when launching the game
7 – no fix
8 – can be fixed by editing the GraphicsRules.sgr file (follow link above)