Do you have these horrible shadows under your Sims since downloading the Discover University patch?
You can get rid of them in several ways like enabling laptop mode or disabling post processing effects. My preferred method is to edit the GraphicsRules.sgr file as it does not affect any other graphics settings. You will need to apply this fix after each patch update as the file will be replaced (or until EA fix the problem):
- Right click on the game in your Applications folder and select Show Package Contents
- Navigate to the Contents then Resources folder and open the GraphicsRules.sgr file with TextEdit
- Hold down CMD and F to bring up the search box and enter SSAO
- There should be four results of SsaoEnabled that come up
- Make sure the value next to it is false for each instance:
prop $ConfigGroup SsaoEnabled false
- Close the file, it should automatically save
They should now be gone!