Weirdly, or maybe because suddenly more people are deciding to use CC and Mods, there’s been a sudden spike in Mac users reporting that their custom content is not showing up in-game. It seems to have happened since the December 2017 patch (22.214.171.1240) and the release of the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack. There is no reason why this should be happening so for clarity this is what you need to do to get CC and Mods to show up in your game:
- Are CC and Mods enabled in your game options?
- Is your game fully patched up to date?
- Are the CC and Mods you’re trying to use fully compatible with the latest version of the game?
- Are the CC/Mods definitely for Sims 4 and not Sims 1, 2 or 3?
- Have you unzipped the downloaded CC/Mods so you are only placing .package files in your Mods folder?
- Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? Check in System Preferences.
- Have you tried repairing your game? Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game.
ItsaprilXD’s fabulous guide to installing CC/Mods on a Mac is also worth a read.